Contact me

Contact me with questions at this email address: jbdownie5@yahoo.com Thank you

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Book Review-The Pursuit by Johanna Lindsey

I am a fan of Johanna Lindseys, but this one has topped the list of the 5 books of hers that I have read so far!
It takes place in Scotland and England. Lincoln Ross Burnett lost his father at a  young age and his mom shut herself away, not paying much attention to him. He discovers a bunch of boys around the pond on his estate, and became best friends with Dougie. Some time goes by and Doug and Linc became great friends. Doug is one of 16 brothers, and so one day at the pond they all started teasing Doug.Including Linc. Next thing there's a major fight, they all thought Linc was beating up on Doug. (Not so). After a bit more trouble with these brothers,Linc's mother sends him to England to live with his uncle, who raises him and Linc becomes his heir. Linc goes with his family back to Scotland and Linc takes a ride out to the pond, and there he meets Melissa. From this moment on their relationship becomes complicated. The twists in here are unexpected, and thoroughly believable. I love how she used the Scottish language,very authentic. This is  a very sweet, romantic love story.
Excellent read  5 Sodas


I bought this with my own money.


Historical Romance Challenge

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Sounds like a good book. I just love the medieval times.