Contact me

Contact me with questions at this email address: jbdownie5@yahoo.com Thank you

Saturday, September 18, 2010

GUEST POST Wendy Rose














Hi Everyone! I would like to introduce you to a very nice lady, Wendy Rose. She was kind enough to do a guest post on the topic of Health Care. I met her through Bloggy Mommys!

The 10 Best Ways to Take Care of Your Health According to Candy Hearts


(That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!)



IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER….HERE GOES….



1) Eat breakfast! Okay. I’m a slacker here. I’d like to make you believe that I wake up every morning and eat a hearty breakfast, but I’d be lying. I do drink a tall glass of milk on a good day, though. That counts, right?

2) SLEEP! I have a child with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes doesn’t sleep. On a typical night, I need to check her blood sugar around midnight and 3 am. On an atypical night….well….let’s just say that I’m lucky to close my eyes for longer than 90 minutes at a time. I haven’t had many 6 – 8 hour stretches in the past 5 years. Oh, but this mama loves a good nap!

3) 5 A Day! Okay. Maybe I’m failing at this list. I USED to eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day, but….well….I’m in need of a little improvement in that department. Just ask my waistline.

4) Allow a Treat! NOW we’re talking. I can do this one. I make it a point to enjoy one(ish) small(ish) piece(s) of dark chocolate every day...or at least as much as possible!

5) Forgive! We all have baggage. We all have a history. Learn how to make peace with your past. From experience, I can tell you that extending forgiveness to others is one of the best things you can do for your heart…and future happiness.

6) Be Blessed! Look around and find your blessings amidst chaos. Remind yourself daily that piles of laundry means you have clothes to wear, dirty dishes means you have food to eat, a filthy floor means you have a home to live in, and an unmade bed….well….who needs a made up bed every day. (Please refer to #2)

7) Bless Others! Offering words of encouragement, a helping hand, and an open heart to others is a great way to lift your spirits. When I’m able to connect with the mother of a newly diagnosed child with type 1diabetes or celiac disease, it never fails to add inspiration to my day.

8) Exercise! And you thought you’d skim through this list without it…..HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! Seriously, though. Despite my ever growing waistline from the aforementioned decreased servings of fruits and veggies, I do make this a priority. I’ve been exercising regularly (yes on hardly any sleep) for a few years now. I’ve had to switch up my routine to accommodate life, but my favs have been bike riding, step aerobics, and (most of all) ZUMBA!

9) Have A Hobby! Everyone needs an outlet. Whether you pour yourself into a good book, a sport, or art….finding something that you look forward to is paramount. For me it’s blogging. I had no idea what the journey would hold when I started my blog 2 years ago. I’ve found some incredible friendships, amazing connections, and fantastic resources through this venue. Recently I changed my URL and all of my pals came with me. Thanks guys J

And Number 10? Well, I’m leaving that one open. My personal Number 10 is to be intentional about nurturing a relationship with Jesus Christ.

What’s YOUR Number 10? Please leave a comment!

Thanks so much Wendy, I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well....my number 11 is to skip the laundry now and then :)

Thanks for the guest post! Awesome blog :)