Contact me

Contact me with questions at this email address: jbdownie5@yahoo.com Thank you

Sunday, August 8, 2010

In My Opinion-Week 2

Hello everyone, welcome to my weekly post, In My Opinion. Today's topic-Social Security
I received my statement yesterday with the list of the years I worked, which hasnt been many as I have mostly been a SAHM.Well, right now I have (dont laugh) 7 credits. As you may or may not know you need at least 20 credits to get any of the following:Disability,Family Survivors(if I should die). For retirement and Medicare you need 40 credits! So obviously I am not going to get anything when I reach retirement age. However being Bipolar, I have been told by several people that I am eligible for SSI-well, I was rejected the first time.  Well my point is what about all the people who dont or cant work? Whats going to happen to them? On top of that, by the year 2037 the Social Security Trust Fund will be exhausted!They will pay only 76cents per dollar of scheduled benefits!That is 27 yrs from now.My daughter is on SSI, how will this affect her future? She needs this!
My Opinion is this the good ol'e government should sink money into SocialSecurity,and take care of all necessary agencies to keep it going, otherwise this will end up becoming something else we have no say in.  Some other articles:
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: