Contact me

Contact me with questions at this email address: jbdownie5@yahoo.com Thank you

Saturday, May 15, 2010

This is terrible

Have you heard the news of an 18 yr old girl who posted her pic on facebook,she met up with two men camping and soon thereafter she disappeared and a short while later was found dead,this apparently happened in Australia. Where on earth is her parents- how could they let her go off with two guys? Wow I am so saddened by this, as it could happen so easily. Even without posting pics, which is one reason why I dont. What a terrible tragedy.

1 comment:

Cakeblast said...

I hadn't heard about that. Wow, that is terrible. I think it could happen to anyone though - I post pics but try not to let people know when I am out and about..that is my only problem with sites like Whirrl and foursquare (and some people do this on Facebook).

People telling the world where they are not only makes them targets for kidnappers, it also lets people know that their house is likely empty. People are more likely to be victimized by someone living in the neighborhood, than someone who spotted a pic on Facebook and decided to take a roadtrip to visit them. However, when that local guy can track a persons movements through their foursquare updates, it becomes very dangerous.