Contact me

Contact me with questions at this email address: jbdownie5@yahoo.com Thank you

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Being Bipolar

Hi everyone. I thought I would sit and write what its like to be bipolar, as it affects every part of my life.
First off, Bipolar means "manic depressive" though I really dont like the word manic but anyway. For me its about being extremely emotional, I can from one extreme to another in the blink of an eye (without meds) and that took a toll on my family life before I was diagnosed 2 years ago. Before I was diagnosed, I would get so mad that instead of hurting others (not good) I would do stupid things to myself, like throw away things I loved, favorite books,cds, the cross stitch stuff that i had at that time. ( I love stitching, very soothing!)Well, the doc gave me some meds which are now working great, in fact I am like a whole new person. But it took me awhile to get to this better place. I couldnt have got here though without the love and patience of my man, who has been so wondeerful to me. Anyhow,bipolar also means having racing thoughts, my head is WAY ahead of my body, I can sit here and think of 5 or 10 different things to do, and actually get a few of them done!So if you  know anyone who is Bipolar, have patience, especially if they dont have meds.

No comments: